The main difference from the original Keurig to the 2.0 is of course that it now can brew K-carafes instead of just K-cups! The machine comes with a carafe (see in the bottom right of pic above) that you just stick under the brewer like a coffee cup, use a K-carafe pod, and it will make a pot of coffee with 3-5 cups! (You select on the super cool touchscreen how much you want to make).
|size difference of K-carafe vs. K-cup|
|K-carafe, new K-cup, old K-cup (must have "Keurig Brewed"|
ring around cup to work in 2.0)
Anyway, other than those, here are a few observations I have about the new 2.0:
- Quite a few K-cups and K-carafes are included with the machine! (see below pic)
- The water tank lights up! You can pick blue, red, or green, I believe. A little silly but exciting :)
- You can brew plain hot water by just opening and closing the pod-holder without inserting a pod.
- The touch screen is pretty cool :)
|all the K-cups/carafes included with the machine - it's a lot!|
- Again, the DRM preventing use of old K-cups. Kind of a bummer.
- The water purifier that goes in the water tank was difficult to assemble. I had to get help, lol.
- I can't seem to make the hot water function work - it says it makes 6oz, but I usually can only get 2-3oz out (typically has old coffee grounds in it too, no matter how many 'cleaning cycles' I do).
Anyway, overall it is a pretty cool machine. Someone new to Keurig would not be bothered about not being able to use old K-cups obviously - and I have gotten over it at this point (helps that I had something to do with them besides just tossing them - I guess I could have just kept both machines on my counter til I used them up, but it's not like I have an abundance of counter space) but I thought it was very important to share this observation here, since it was not something I had initially realized myself.
If you are interested in learning more about the Keurig 2.0, check out their website or Facebook for more info!
Have a lovely day! ♥
~These product(s) were provided for an honest review by me from Influenster~